Sunday, February 24, 2008

Movies

Watched 2 movies in a span of 3 days. Cj7 and P.S. I Love You.



Cj7, in my own opinion, was a relatively 'ok' movie, unlike those reviews I had from friends who said it wasn't good. It has the regular Stephen Chow lameness and jokes. But you can't expect from this movie pure lameness and typical Chow's style of plot. As he had said, he is injecting more emotions and feelings into this movie than any other movies he's done. One thing I personally find it hard to accept from this movie is the fact that during certain parts of the show, the bubbly music doesn't suit the serious moments, especially the part where the little boy wanted the robot dog but Chow hit him to put it down. I find the moment really sad because I understand how it feels to be 'separated' from the toy you really want and it certainly don't call for a bubbly background music. What I find really nice about the show is the ability of the little boy (which, in actual fact, is played by a little girl!!) to bring out the sadness and denial of Chow's death. The part where he cried and said that his dad will be back when he wakes up the next morning really triggered my inner emotions. Somehow, I can sense the pain and denial, which I must give credit to the young actress.

For the second movie, I must give it a 5 stars out of 5. Perhaps one of the greatest love stories I have ever known. Seriously, I would rate it the greatest love movie I have ever watched. Brilliant plot and excellent acting. I really don't know how to put it into words, but the movie fully depicts what is love, be it in life or after life. Definitely recommended to watch!!! I won't provide any spoilers here. Watch it for yourself.

No comments: