Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodbye 2007... Please be nice, 2008...

In a blink of an eye, 2007 had come to a close. I guess the only highlight of 2007 was the Phuket trip with GD&Co, the return of Gwen back from Australia and the loss of QY from the group.

In 27 days' time, my age will chalk up another year of existence. Still nothing accomplished yet. Still no proper career, no girlfriend, no life. But I ain't complaining. I am in no position to complain about my life. I chose this path and I will stick with it till the end.

Received a piece of news from my supervisor last week. She told me that my promotion is delayed because I have not been with my current division long enough. What a crappy reason... Do not be mistaken. Neither my Lab Head nor supervisor halted my promotion. It is the upper management. My ex-vice director received the same treatment as well. She should have been a director position but was given the same reason. Crap... This really sets me thinking about whether to apply for the scholarship. Enough of the crappy stuff. Makes my blood boil thinking of the stupid reason.

Looking forward to the birthday steamboat at my house on 26 Jan. We sure had lots of fun when we last ate at my house, also for my birthday. Guess the last steamboat at my house really left a good impression with the gang. That's why they are suggesting it again this year. Hahaha~

For 2008, I just hope that my luck can be better at the mahjong table. Hahaha~ May all my lovely family and dear friends have the best of health and be cheerful always. May Lady Luck smile at all of them in whatever they do. May my bonus be fat so that I can buy the gadgets I want (seriously keeping my fingers crossed for that...) Just hope that the world can be more peaceful and quiet. Cheers!

No comments: