Thursday, June 12, 2008

US TRIP CONFIRMED!!!

Yes! My US trip has been confirmed! Now I am trying to get the itinerary from Safe2Travel to fly to San Francisco, then transit to Arizona to attend the conference. I will be staying at Carefree Resort which seems like a pretty expensive place to stay. Hope to have a great time there leisurely and also enrich myself with the conference talks.

I will be going for this conference with Christelle. Yes, we're going on a trip again. But this time, it is an official trip. Again, to clarify, there's nothing between the two of us. I treat her like a sister, nothing beyond that.

It's been 15 years since I lasted visited US. Time to refresh myself with this place again. Main thing for this trip is getting back to nature and also shopping. Since Arizona is like a desert area, nature exploring should be just out of the door. High chance we should be renting a car since public transport ain't very developed there (I think...) We should be going to visit the Grand Canyon, riding horses and traveling on hot air balloon. This is the tentative itinerary for Arizona now.

Initially, we were planning to go to Los Angeles instead of San Francisco. But after browsing through some LA travel guides, it seems the place is putting me off. Throughout the travel guide, there are pictures of muscular women, hunky over-pumped hunks. Both of us were intimidating to us. Hahaha~ After comparing San Francisco and LA, we agreed that San Francisco might not be so daunting after all. So, San Francisco it will be. As for San Francisco, main itinerary will be shopping, seafood and beaches. I know San Francisco has only a few small beaches, but it's part of the American lifestyle. Heard that the Baker Beach and Ocean Beach are something of a nude beach, so I guess it will be nice to take some pictures back. Hehehe~ Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good choice. San Francisco is the MUST visit place for the US of A, after New York.

Do try out their seafood. There's this dish which mixed all seafoos together and cooked with tomato paste, very nice.

Also clam chowder.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments and suggestions! I'll definitely try the seafood and the clam chowder! Will also try to hunt for the dish that you recommended!