Saturday, October 6, 2007

Same Old Question & Same Old Reply

Went back to lab today to do my trial on my precious Biacore X machine. Sounds cool, right? Trust me, it's not really as cool as you think it might be. This little baby of mine costs as much as a 3-room HDB flat. Incredible...

Went to Bugis with my mum and sis for window shopping and diner. I got popped the same old question again. Or rather, in another different form. My sis told me she's got a friend to introduce to me. I think she already planned it beforehand with my mum. My mum was telling me that my sis' friend saw me at her company's Family Day at Sentosa last month. This is not yet the shocking part. The shocking part is, my sis told me her friend found me very 'man'. Yah right, as if I'll believe that. Nice excuse and nice try, but no thanks. I haven't got the time for such things.

My mum told me to try to be friends first and see how things go. I refused and told her I haven't got time. I got my jogging schedule every Tuesday and Thursday, badminton on Wednesday and soccer/badminton on Friday. Saturday morning is spent with GD jogging. Saturday afternoon/evening is reserved for mahjong session, if any. I haven't got time and energy to accompany anyone out for window shopping, diner or movie. Any disruption to my schedule is going to cause a lot of changes.

My mum told me that I can find someone who can join our family outing (such as window shopping and diner) on weekends. If I'm not free, my "supposed" girlfriend can accompany her for window shopping and stuff. Not that I am saying my mum is naive, but the chance of finding such a person is very slim. Judging from my observations and CCL's findings from the girls in his workplace, many (and I must stress MANY) expect their boyfriends to pay for all expenses and also give them allowances. Sad to say, I don't think I can accommodate to that. Although the opposite sex can say that going Dutch is fine, but ultimately this is not an acceptable option long term. Sigh, I think I am repeat all that I have said to many of my friends (whom many refused to accept my theory). Think I shan't bore all you faithful fans with all the details.

In short, I rejected my sis' kind offer to introduce her friend to me. I appreciate her effort to fulfill my dad's call to introduce her friends to me. I believe my sis' friend can find someone better. I am just not in the right state to have a girlfriend. I have too many tasks on hand and thinkings in mind.

DISCLAIMER!!! I'M NOT GAY!!!

No comments: